Friday, October 7, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


The last time I remember having good customer service, was when I had to bring my iPhone into the Apple store for a possible repair service. The touch screen on my phone was not working properly. It was getting to a point where I just couldn't type anything at all. The first thing I did was find contact information to the nearest store. They were easy to find on my google search engine. I was directed to their website and from there I was able to find a convenient location closest to me. I didn't even have to call them. I was able to schedule an appointment,  through their virtual booking page. It was quite simple; I was able to see what days and times they had available for me and used that information to work around my schedule. As the time got closer to my appointment I began driving to the location. I was about fifteen minutes early, and as soon as my time came up, someone was there to assist me immediately. I was a little surprised, to get immediate attention because the store was really busy. They were still able to assist me in a timely matter. The employee, was very polite and knowledgeable. He kindly told me to wait in the store while he took my phone to the back in order to diagnose the problem properly. The experience was not frustrating to me at all. I literally waited in the store while he was in the back for about another 15 minutes. It was not a big deal to me because I was able to walk around the store and check out the new products. By this time the employee whom was helping me, came out from the back and came up with the conclusion of having to get me a whole new phone. This problem apparently was a manufacture defect. At the end of my appointment, I walked out the store with a brand new phone, and was informed on how these problems can be prevented in the future. I also had the opportunity to check out the new products. Even though I was frustrated that my phone was broken, the experience of them diagnosing the problem and explaining to me what went wrong was informative. I was very happy and satisfied with the customer service that I received from the Apple store. I can relate this particular experience to what our course book (Marketing 9th Edition) states, (chapter 1, page 8 paragraph 1, failure to meet needs and expectations results in dissatisfaction with the goods or service). Even though the phone needed to be replaced I was still satisfied with how the employee was able to explain why, and made it comfortable enough for me to make a decision on reordering another phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment