Friday, October 28, 2016

Week 4 EOC: There's an App for that

I think it would be a good idea if there was an app that can provide me with any virtual instrument I need. Not only that but it would be used as a MIDI controller that I can attach to my DAW (digital audio workstation) on my laptop.  This way I would be able to produce, sound design or soundtrack a project on the go. I can see it working because there are times where I don't want to bring my MIDI controller. It's too big and not easy to carry around. I like to keep it in my studio. On the other hand, If I had a portable MIDI controller downloaded onto my phone as an app, I can then just use that, in situations where I don't have access to my MIDI controller in the studio. It can get more in depth by including functions like a sound library, where you can record, or import sound. I was thinking of it possibly having a simple workstation display on it as well, so that you can create sequences without using your DAW (digital audio workstation) on your computer. You can create samples and loops, save them in your library and upload them into your studio when you get to it. Thinking about this, is making me wonder if there is anything out there like it. If there isn't this could be a million dollar idea. All engineers, students and people who are in the audio industry can all find this useful. For example, when I'm working in the studio, there might be some instances to where, I don't want to look for a certain MIDI instrument because it might interfere with my creative work flow at the moment. There could be a melody in my head that I don't want to forget and instead of me finding a MIDI instrument and getting it to work, I can just pull out my phone app, that contains hundred of MIDI instrument's, and plug it right in the computer. I'm going to put some more though into this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment